1.11.2012

Resurrected Credenza

A few months back my husband and I were getting ready to move and decided that for our new home we wanted a new entertainment center. Our old TV stand was just a small coffee table that was probably about two feet tall. We lived in a 500 square foot apartment so it was perfect for the place. However, moving to a  2000 square foot home, we figured we could do with a much more appropriate sized entertainment center. I searched and searched for months but was never able to find one that just made my heart skip a beat. One day while surfing the web I came across a Craigslist posting for a credenza at a local thrift store for 15 bucks. I loved how it had drawers so that we could hide our remotes, DVDs, and our games. The two cupboard sides were the perfect size to place our gaming systems and our DVD player inside. The moment I saw it I just knew it was meant to be!

Here's what it looked like when I bought it from the thrift store:


Before

I fell in love with it immediately (probably also because the price range was right in my budget). I knew it would need some major TLC as well though, so I got right to work!

I went to Lowe's and bought one can of Kilz spray paint primer and four cans of Rust-Oleum's satin white spray paint. I first used the primer to cover the dark color. Next time, I would definitely use at least two or even three cans of primer so that it would have a more even cover. I then used all four cans of the white spray paint with several coats of dry time in between each one. At the end I was so amazed at how perfect it turned out!

After

I absolutely love my entertainment center! I am so glad I waited until I found the "perfect" one.

P.S. The Mexican Grilled Cheese-Burger was amazing! A little greasy but hey, if it ain't messy, it ain't great.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks amazing!! Good work!
www.stephfascinations.blogspot.com =)

Anonymous said...

Just as I was thinking about how I needed to get to work on some furniture re-dos I have in mind (which of course reminded me of all the cute stuff I saw in your house today!) I saw a link to your new blog that John put on facebook. I will for surely be looking back to see what else you got up your sleeve :) Cute blog!

Traci Butler (won't let me comment from my account ?)